Friday, April 11, 2014

Reusable Cloths for a Dust Sweeper

Here's something that requires zero sewing: duster cloths. Instead of constantly buying (and trashing) these things, why not be resourceful? Leftover pieces of fleece would be best, but you could use any fun-looking fleece that catches your eye at the store. I'd personally like to find some fleece with a kitchen-related print... Oh, and to have enough for 8 cloths, just ask for 1/3yard. I only spent a buck!

When you get your fabric home, get out a pair of fabric scissors and cut 8" X 11" rectangles.


That's it. Really! Fleece doesn't fray, so don't worry about that. Just toss them in the wash when they get dirty. Beats the pants off disposables!


And here's a tip, I found I can "charge" them up with static cling, and the dust will just jump right off the floor. Okay, well it's not a magic method, but I definitely notice an attraction!

No comments:

Post a Comment